Thursday, July 16, 2009

I miss you Dad


The week of illness is passing the infection put to rest. The devouring demon excommunicated and I’m feeling rather blessed. It’s been a week of struggle of incapacity and strain. The debilitating intruder has forced me to review the source of my pain.

The wind chimes burst a congratulatory tune – I’ve survived and not too soon. My mind searches beyond the puking pail as I begin sifting through the grain. Each whisper flicker and nudge has impacted on my brain.

My tantrums unheard; my tears have dried I’ve been a solitary survivor of the purge of emotional baggage. I’ve been forced to face the loneliness of a life without you.

It’s been a week since the chaos crept in uninvited. I’ve felt lost and comatose and gasping in the fog. It’s a new day and the sky is clear and the mountains defined a perfect backdrop illicit a different perspective.

My eyes fixed on an eagle circling beyond the ridge and I am reminded that he is my father’s totem. Is it a message that you have left us again? Are you off to journey toward your personal truth? Must we go on with out you while you transform your soul for you?

I miss you Dad.

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment