Sunday, April 19, 2009

Aroma


Have I ever described my favourite coffee cup to you?  I call it my "witchy cup". It's made of fine bone china and it boasts five witches in caricature.  A small green frog with a blue pointy hat sits squat and rolls his eyes.  This cup is gorgeous and loads of fun.  I know I could for the more traditional flowers drinking vessel but this cup and my blazing orange Mermaid one are the top of the pops.  Each morning as I struggled to enter the world from my dream state a hot brewed coffee appears on one of these mugs – magically.

Cup poised, pen ready my words float across a blank page. This ritual has been a part of my writing life for nearly fifty years.  I've always been a dreamer – my imagination a driving force and sometimes even my salvation when the coldness of reality laps at more door.  It's not that I can't be pragmatic, serious or even academic. Its just that the reative muse within remains as always my best friend.

I am inspired by my surroundings or even futuristic places.  For example I was sharing a coffee moment with a friend yesterday and planning a holiday in 2010.  She was describing the possibilities and all of the time I was focused on the view. I sensed the ambience of a new adventure, the aroma divine. No doubt you'll hear about it in future episodes of, Julia's Journal.

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment