Wednesday, April 29, 2009


Our best Year Yet!

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt

Today is the last day of April. Another month has flicked past at a great rate of knots. In the early hours of this morning I dreamt that I had just come home from a shopping spree and all of the clothes, shoes and hand bags were sprawled on my bed. I was trying on each new item and twirling around in excitement – delighted in the feeling of the new purchases. I felt alive, vibrant and did not wish to spoil the moment with fear or be inhibited by the desire to look and feel good. I wanted to present the most vivacious "Julia" to the world. My husband entered the room with a tall glass of crystal clear water and said, "if you drink this you will always remember this moment." I drank from the water and was infused with confidence. Smiling I said, "This is our best year of ever."

I came out of the dream this morning and reached for the water glass beside my bed and woke up remembering every aspect of the dream. Yes, this is going to best year ever! And I am not going to allow the recession or negative press messages of doom and gloom spoil that dream.

Last night before sleep I was reading my novel, "Holy Cow", by Sarah Macdonald. One of the final paragraphs was a positive reminder of my internal navigation system. Essentially the passage said, "In India we appreciate that we are not as poor or oppressed as the people beneath them but westerners are always craving more." I agree with this statement as we are constantly aspiring to reach someone else's dream or life purpose. Instead of taking stock and appreciating what we've got. Today I am grateful for what I have. I am also aware that my bounty is fathomless. I refuse to live by another person's agenda for I create my joy with my mind, words and actions.

The essence of a number nine day is empowerment, resolution and completion. This week of retreat has had many therapeutic benefices. One of the most potent remedies has been the deep healing within and the reminder of how powerful my dreams are. No one should treat on our dreams and we should take them with us in every step of our journey.

The same can be said for ensuring that our self esteem is positive and healthy. No one has the right to rob us of our confidence and impact on our self esteem. It doesn't matter how disillusioned they are with their life or personal disappointments we mustn't allow them to project their negative reflection on to us.

Today we must rise above the negativity and glide across the ocean mist of discontent and bask in the glory of our dreams – it is our best year yet!

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers
Visit: www.jestacom.biz

No comments:

Post a Comment