Friday, April 17, 2009

Art for Art Sake


"Art is not a thing; it’s a way of life" Elbert Hubbard
The moon in Leo offers a creative flair to the day. Leo represents our fifth house of love and creativity. It's time to open our heart and allow the romantic side of us shine through and express or declare that playful side to ourselves. The moon shimmers her glorious lunar beams encouraging us to express the perfect portrait on our easel of life.
The Chariot takes me down two paths simultaneously. I hold on tightly to the reigns but the horses are bucking and pulling so vigorously the enthusiasm is burning deep into my palms. The scars represent dedication to my firm hold of transformation.
Strength literally means strength. The message heralds a booming voice, hold on and rise above the beast of fear and float across the landscape of regret and disappointment". It's a new day – a Sunday and a great day to sift through the self promises and boastful declarations and to sort through the accomplishments and or deceptions.
The energy of the day is a number four which motivates me to build platforms for steady advancement on my goals. I am constantly driven to achieve so much so it is ingrained in my being. Of course there are steps with grates – transparent facets of my vision which fall through the cracks of disillusionment.
Yesterday, I observed another man's obsession with his creative life. Degas, the French artist who gave us a glimpse into his world. His muse was enchanting (she even had hips". There are so many superlatives I could gush - I won't instead; I would recommend you enjoy them your own creative journey.
To be honest I think that art in its purest form is entirely in the heart of the beholder. I don't push my impressions or opinions on to others – I don't lecture others what I see or feel because for me the way that art resonates with us is individual. I believe that all forms of art touches us as unique mirrors of our own self expression. Whether our self expression is motivated by words, songs, music, paint, clay, chalk, carving wooden life-like creatures in a forest, the experience of enjoyment is individual.
I guess it is the critics or those who can't keep their opinions to themselves who are my combatants. Those who can't do are the critics of the world. I wonder where that title or role came from – I can't paint so I will be an art critic. And who is to say that someone else's story is not worthy of publication or promotion?
If a story or painting reaches into your heart and evokes an emotion how can we reject it and say it is unworthy or meaningless? Some people can look out on to a dazzling sunrise and cry with gratitude for the magnificence of a new day. They are stirred and are in awe of nature birthing in front of them gasping at the colored splendor. And others can whine that the sun is too bright. It's the same sunrise with two perspectives.
The energy of the day is surging. I am drawn into the moment it is time to gather my resources and make my investment in the day – to get up and contribute in whatever way I can. I must make my mark, to create the virtuosity from my pallet. How will your masterpiece reveal your inner muse today?
Peace and Love,
Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment