Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Moon wishes


The growling of the beast beneath the rubber of the road turning my wheels humming a seductive lullaby takes me further from my residence. A grey/black sky littered with sequins, red tail lights on a road to escape. An upside down saucepan, a glittery cross engulfs the southern sky – nostalgic songs tempt me back to dreams of the past. Where did they go? Did I loose them in the race for recognition and validation? Crystal palaces and broken promises tug at my heart where have you been woman/child? Terror clutches at my soul what if I don't make it before I get old? Drops of Jupiter spin round my mind – it doesn't matter – I can always take it with me when I go!

It's a new Moon in Taurus at 1:22pm today – a time to plant seeds (aka wishes and dreams). What if your future is now? Then the wishing time is done, isn't it? The serenity of the Venusians' influence offers respite and a glint of escape from the demanding drum of a hectic life.

We travelled overnight to an ocean retreat, surrounded by family and a new member of the tribe. I feel replete. We have a week to bond and get back on our feet Find a balance between work and duty – shush the rumblings of the insatiable beast.

In the stillness of the morning before the others have stirred I find a quiet corner, pristine and perfect. My thoughts are able to graze along a fresh misty haze – I retreat within and capture promises, passion and desires buried under daily rituals of agendas from a busy schedule. These moments are mine – pure, alive and divine.

Climbing the stairs a conversation with those who aren't there reveals a gentle reminder of the depth of desire to create a world of sublime expression.

A stirring in the house – my goodness they must have hear me – others are awake – I must flee make haste and take my previous prose back to my confidante – Julia's Journal.

The sunrise splashes over the glistening aqua zone. The blue green sea regales crimson, jade and brilliant orange. Lorikeets chatter a morning serenade while I climb back into bed and real for the tools of the trade. A fresh brew and now I am ready to talk; sated by surroundings of comfort and familiarity swaddled by the call of the ocean as I languish and strain to hear the mermaid's song. I'm here to reconnect with me and rejuvenate my spirit.

Judgment is the augur of rebirth. Saturn taps his feet and looks at his watch its time to shed the baggage of the past; layering our lives with impromptu incidents and escapism jaunts that are destructive and childish.

The Fool skips to the edge of the precipice – jump you fool – its safe down here sure it's new and out of your comfort zone – there's no going back, that’s for sure. The benefactor rolls the die the Ferris wheel of life is rocking and rolling it's your turn today; all you have to do is believe. Click your heels three times and make a wish.

The secure platform of the number four day is a comfort in a sea of uncertainty. Life batters and bruises our confidence, hearts and souls – we must continue or die – that is the alternative – take a breath and rest for only a second marvel in the beauty around you – linger until the view matches you and all the wonder which is inherently you.

The struggle and pant to escape the safe harbour of normalcy is a memory. The slate is clean and the sketch unseen. I can draw till my hand becomes weary. This previous time is mine to relax and unwind – enjoy each moment or not – talk and to shop – walk and play – splash in cleansing salty replete – glide over tiny diamonds on my feet – so sublime. It's a holiday.

Peace and Love

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment