Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dream machine…

Our garden in beaming with the liquid sustenance dripping from tiny leaves and delicately coating the exquisite leaves of tiny plants; the three maples outside my window appear to be decorated with diamond lace coats – layer upon layer.

Rain has brought a dose of hope to the Territory. The celestial wishing well has produced a layering of liquid hope. Along with this symbolic drenching Venus has turned direct (planet of love and relationships) after a long period of retrograde cycle (thank you, Venus). Now we can expect some calm ad a dignified course of action with significant others. Therefore, the major makeover you've been planning can finally get the green light. So step up clutching that stimulus cheque its time to get stimulated.

Me, I'm off to the shops to do my best to rescue the economy. After all it is my duty as a proud Australian to spend; spend; spend. I have to admit that I've been rallying ever since this negative tidal wave – "the recession" has hit the news - to do my ever loving best to keep this country afloat. Let's tick off the list together, clothes – check – jewellery – check, new car – check - a new computer – check – root canal therapy – ouch – check – did I mention clothes?

Furthermore, I've spanned my stimulus across country and propped up other States like New South Wales and Victoria with a trip to Ballarat for the John Lennon Exhibition – good food, massages and of course some well deserved beauty therapy and a little hair tint for good measure. Shall we say the essentials of life?

So now my fellow Aussies it's up to you to get excited and spend those payments on sometime that will keep your Aussie mates in a job. Don't you think?

I do have a confession to make here – I don't think that there is a recession. Actually, my power of the mind is creating a wealthy nation, abundantly proud and creative. W are Australians' after all? When are we at our best? When we are pushed down a hell hole and have to clamber out again? I know that there are lots of people out of work. I know that there are many families struggling. I believe we are taught to be resilient and adaptable – that we must lift our eyes up to the horizon and look forward to a better day. The more we buy into the media generated negative sensationalism, the more we continue to perpetuate a negative outcome.

My philosophy won't allow that to be a part of my personal rhetoric. I have to remain focused on the glass half full. I am grateful for what I have. I don't wallow in the glass half empty instead I give thanks for my life as it is. Then I create a vision of what lies beyond the horizon. What is that magical world? What does it look like? Who will be there? How does it feel? And guess what, you are all with me! How groovy is that? Now you need to get on board my dream machine and join me in the realm of possibilities. All aboard!

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment