Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Today beckons!


Have you ever gazed into a puddle and saw your reflection and wondered who is that rippling back at me? Have you stood naked in front of a mirror and searched discriminately at the vision and thought, "where did I go?" Have you ever had the days, weeks and months to do what ever you wanted and though, what will I do today? As Louis Freund says, "You can finish a painting, but how do you finish a career?"

What happens when your dreams come true and you get to a new phase and contemplate, what next, what is it I truly want to do?

Over my life I've been driven by my internal combustion engine (desire). I've thought about/dreamt about what I wanted to achieve and in most cases sealed the deal on those goals and dreams. Fortunately for me I've been able to motivate others to share in that vision. My power of persuasion has been effective for the big goals/dreams I couldn't consider tackling on my own.

Is it the insatiable desire within me that keeps me racing toward a new vision? Why do so many people get to the summit and take in the view and stay there contented and say, "well this will do!"

I don't understand but respect their point of view. Over the past three months I've ticked off my wish list of goals accomplished. I've reached a place and recognized that this is where I dreamed/planned of being 12 months ago. I planted the seeds in my new moon wishes and watered them daily nurturing them, picked out the weeds and waiting for the tiny green shoots to appear. Now my garden grows abundantly with blooms and aromatic floral garlands.

As I sit here and gaze out across the landscape of my life, I satisfy in the glorious beauty of my realm. I have arrived.

The Hierophant casts a dutiful glance over my world – don't rush child, there is plenty of time for you to conquer the next exciting episode.

The Star offers her glowing presence – inspiring me to bask in the glory of love and beauty. Gaze at the flowers and see their smiling faces – delight in the squawk of the cockatoos and galahs. Don’t' stray too far from your inner truth – or get waylaid at an alternate path.

The Hermit is deliberate in his journey of discernment. Take care with each step and don't loose your balance.

The Empress has labored over my spread night and day – a new phase is born – here is your babe.

The freshness of a new phase envelopes me – I've sat and basked in the glory of self-actualization long enough now it is time to stride a new path toward the mansion of my dreams. What adventures will I encounter? Well I am not sure. I do know however, that I'll share them with you in Julia's Journal. We've shared so much over these past few months. I've been vulnerable and hurting and sometimes lost. Through the writing process I've reclaimed me – capturing my essence and celebrating victory.

When you gaze into the puddle or at your own reflection; realize that the inner you or your soul is definitely you! We can transform our outer layers and geographically move – we always take you – with you!

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment