Friday, January 7, 2011

I live with radical humility

Know the strength of man, but keep a woman’s care. Be a valley under heaven; if you do, the constant virtue will not fade away. One will become like a child again.

Know the white, keep to the black, and be the pattern of the world. To be the pattern of the work is to move constantly in the path of virtue without erring a single step, and to return again to the infinite.

One who understands splendour while holding to humility acts in accord with eternal power, to be the fountain of the world is to live the abundant life of virtue.

When the uniformed is formed into objects, its original qualities are lost. If you preserve your original qualities, you can govern anything. Truly, the best governor governs least.

I said to my husband last night that I really appreciate working with the Tao Te Ching in my journal as it is good therapy for me.

At the end of a challenging day when I am publishing I integrate the wise teachings into my soul and fit so sweetly. I feel extremely aware and fortunate to take this journey and share it with you!

Talk about reality checks – I got on the scales this morning (first time since July last year – ouch!). I was shocked but was also accepting of my status. I created this outcome – I am responsible for every morsel of food and I enjoyed every glass of wine. Now, I am responsible for reducing the excess.

I’ve been ready my Wellbeing magazine over the past few weeks (catching up on the enjoyable reading that was left over from last year. One of the articles I became absorbed in was in regard to our relationship with food. This article had a lot of thought provoking suggestions.

In my past I have been proud to announce that I was a hedonist. I love food and I love my life. I felt nurtured by food. Now my perspective is shifting and I see myself as a minimalist. Instead of gormandising my offerings I savour each delightful morsel while expressing gratitude for the blessing of being able to enjoy these gifts from the earth.

The Moon takes a spiritual turn – exit stage left into the 12th house of Pisces. This is a dreamy segue into the weekend – relax and enjoy the romantic vibes of Neptune.

Not so fast there – it is a number four day – more formwork and a task focussed approach is required. However, after the work are done a recliner; a book and a little sunshine.

Love, Peace and Harmony,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment