Sunday, January 9, 2011

The line of least resistance

One who would guide a leader of men in the uses of life will warn him against the use of arms for conquest. Weapons often turn upon the wielder.

Where armies settle, nature offers nothing but briars and thorns. After a great battle has been fought, the land is cursed, the crops fail, and the earth lies stripped of its Motherhood.

After you have attained your purpose, you must not parade your success, you must not boast of your ability, you must not feel proud; you must rather regret that you had not been able to prevent the war.

You must never think of conquering others by force; whatever strains with force will soon decay. It is not attuned to the Way. Not being attuned to the Way its end comes all too soon.

In some respects I think that humans are such fragile beings and thus find it difficult to resist the urge to be a counter-force or to stand up for our “rights”.

I have been guilty of reacting to situations in the past – that’s for sure. I have taken offence at slights or negative comments. I have felt the pain of rejection or persecution. These experiences have taken me down a path of resistance – sometimes with passive-aggressive behavioural indicators. That means I have shut down or shut the person out – I’ve chosen not to talk to them or invite them into conversations.

I know that this “silent treatment” won’t change their behaviour (and I don’t want to change their behaviour. Instead I would choose to modify my reaction to their behaviour instead of the big chill

It is difficult to be a peaceful advocate and to stand back instead of rising up and defending our position. It is difficult to centre ourselves in an emotional storm. I know this. However, I believe that we must try. Although as Yoda (another wise prophet) reminds us, “there is no try; there is only do!” Just be kind to yourself – it’s all a journey of discovery.

The Pisces Moon softens the journey somewhat. There is a lovely dreamy Monday ready to pick us up in a pea-green boat and take us to never; never land. Perhaps we can enrol in the “School of Least Resistance there? Sorry – can’t let it go!

A number six day is perfect for commitment and responsibly. Take the high road and make sure you wear your protection.

Love, Peace and Harmony,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment