Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother’s Day


Today marks a new beginning for me. I’ve turned a corner and encountered “realization” in the form of a brick wall.  Over the past few weeks I’ve been a little off centre and have breached my diet and forgotten promises I’ve made to myself.  Today with the help of the enthusiastic Fool I’ve faced the scales and I am re-routed on to the right path.

For me, it’s not just about “the diet” or losing weight – it’s more about control. Yes, the big Scorpion word (one that I don’t normally ascribe too!) flashes across my consciousness.  Over the past few weeks I’ve lost my balance – holidays and celebrations have taken priority and my focus has wavered.

Yesterday, the Moon was full in my sign, Scorpio. I felt the intensity of the lunar maiden as she faced her third and final phase.  The Crone phase is about resolution, conclusion and release a perfect time to relinquish the bad habits of the past, don’t you think?

Normally when the moon is full in your sign you are in the spotlight – in some respects it is the Universe shinning the light on you or some part of you that is not working – in short, a cosmic reality check - to celebrate this rite of passage and cosmic spotlight I spent the day with one of my fav. Gal pals and went shopping. Well, I ask you, what else would you do?

We had a blast! Of course we stopped and had sustenance during the day but as the sun began to set over the Brindabellas’ we headed for our respect homes to rest and revive the body and spirit.

During this foray into shopping bliss I was reminded of how wonderful it is to have such amazing friends as this woman.  We laughed and gasped at fashion trends and subsequent fashion boo boos.  We lavished our skin with luxurious scents and oils tantalizing all of our senses in the process.

At the end of the extravaganza we jugged and promised to do it all again – how soon?  I’m not sure that my bank account could tolerate it for a while.  When my hubby picked me up I recounted the great adventure.  I’m positive all he saw was the money evaporate from our bank accounts and ballooning balance on the credit card.

So, how does the reflection of this indulgent day fit into the promise of balance and commitment?  Well we just have to find our balance – don’t we?

Happy Mother’s Day all the women of the World!

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment