Sunday, May 10, 2009

Seven dolphins


The aroma of fresh percolated coffee beckons me out of a strange dream. I was performing a ballet dance in a small studio. Standing at the practice bar was in a square formation and beneath the square was a huge ocean marine pool.

Swimming around the pool were large fish, sting ray and two sharks. I became fascinated with he sharks, not frightened as I've inclined to be all of my life. I wanted to see them closer, swim with them and even play with them but the ballet teacher insisted we leave the studio and walk the nearby sand hills stressing that it will be good for our legs.

As we tramped over sand I became despondent, I wanted to get closer to the sharks – I kept think what are they doing – why must I leave? After a while I realized how fresh the air was beyond the dunes. The sun was kissing the ocean with a lover's embrace I looked up and saw seven dolphins rise up in the waves twirling their bodies around to a silent symphony orchestrated by Poseidon. I squatted on the sand hills and erupted into raucous laughter acknowledging that I had to move away from the sharks to revel in the dolphin dance of joy.

Good dream wasn't it?

Now I sit in awe of the minutest details of my hand and even breach out into my surroundings. My nails and the shape captivate my imagination. It's like I am on some magical mystery tour intoxicated by the power of the dream. Each letter or stroke I write screams a spellbinding significance. Each sentence takes me further away from my former life.

Maybe that is the hidden message of the dream? I had to move away from the ballet school to rediscover my dance of joy? The creative and inspirational aspects of me have been doing the exercises and the ballet bar which surrounds the shark pool below?

Here I am liberated from work and the ritual of daily routines all of a sudden my imagination and inventiveness flow – fuelled by the presence of the dolphins.

It is Tuesday and the moon is linked in harmony with my natal Gemini moon. It's the first day of my lunar return and I consider what a great gift the dream has become - a royal rite of passage to celebrate the new phase; a perfect synchronous timing to create an awareness of change – cracking open the sphere of fear that lies within my soul.

Yesterday we drove around the area discovering new places and visiting some nostalgic childhood neighborhoods. After that sojourn back in time we ventured in the shopping complex for more food, supplies and a little retail foraging. Lunch was developed at home followed by an afternoon nap – a vibrant and revitalizing walk before dinner and some movie tie – holidays are fantastic aren't they?

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment