Saturday, May 23, 2009

White ants



Today marks an ending and then of course we have the new beginning. It is a 10/1 day and therefore the door is opening to a new chapter. The Moon in Aries offers a fiery spark so it just be an ending with a huge fire cracker up its…
It’s been nearly a year since I’ve entered my current workplace. And over this year I’ve learned some powerful lessons especially regarding how people relate. The “dark ones” as I call them are the harbingers of doom and gloom and spread their nasty attitudes like an infectious virus into our harmonious work spaces. It’s a bit like “Louie the fly” on speed.
Nasty, disrespectful, jealous – terms such as these are replaced by the concept of “white ants”. They bore into the foundations of strong workplace relations undermining the efforts of those who have worked to maintain a code of conduct. Gathering in their little clutches they bury away at any semblance of “niceness and polite professional consideration”.
I am not sure why they choose to conduct their business relations in such a way especially when you consider that we all have a choice – each time we open our mouths, act on a decision or engage with another – we can good or we can be evil. One common theme that keeps running through my mind when I see the destruction caused by these prophets of doom and gloom is, “these people are not your friends.” And this statement is constant in my thoughts.
As Robert Louis Stevenson once said, “A friend is a gift you give yourself.” And if this is true, then what is the opposite I wonder? What can I say is that many a sugary delight has been gobbled to combat the poison of their caustic comments.
Today I must confront one of my abuser’s (the most recent one) and explain why I have a great vision for my life. I choose not to be a victim and I choose not go give away my power. Ultimately, the lack of cohesion stems from the white ants who constantly bore away at the foundations of our structure. Today the DDT is coming out in force.
Peace and Love,
Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment