Sunday, May 17, 2009

Melting moments in Buddha’s Garden

“Life isn’t a matter of milestones, but a matter of moments”. Rose Kennedy

The Moon in Aquarius highlights our eleventh house of friends and acquaintances.  In my opinion my life is a much brighter place because of my friends.  They are diverse in color, smell and their fragrance varies from a plush of purple lavender bush to a strong on a fall day in Vermont.

 

Yesterday I was delighted to get a call from my friend, Jems.  She lives in Vermont, USA and apparently wanted to hear my voice.  And I always revel in the sound of hers – a dappled Brooklyn accent with a warm Vermont cloak.  I love accents – the unique vocal signature of one’s life journey.  Yes, the accents that are attuned to my friends are diverse as they are – it’s like a multicultural feast for a curious and hungry soul.

Friends are the main ingredient in my relish for life.  I’ve acquired many golden friends in my personal odyssey thus far – some have been my closest confidantes for centuries and other merely decades.  I’ve always been a curious explorer and therefore a collector of harmonious connections. These inimitable gifts have launched into rare moments in my life.

Hermes, the Magician makes an entrance into my subconscious.  Mercury is the ruler of this card.  At the moment Mercury is retrograde and therefore communication, short journeys and intellectual pursuits are challenging.  In that case, it is important to thinking positively and not get caught up in the chaos of this trickster.

Yesterday, while doing the errands I watched at people in the Mall tied to grapple with the frustration of machines breaking down, computers freezing, long lines behind a woman so starved for conversation she laboriously stammered over her humongous request – it was awful.  Instead of getting riled up I stood there patiently, calm in the knowledge that this moment will never pass again and reflected on my blessings while sending out invisible Morse code to stay calm and breath.

The World is my central focus.  I am abundantly content in the centre of my Universe.  Little green shoots are appearing in my garden as my Buddha rests and watches for the flowers to appear.

Gaia, my gal pal has waltzed in to remind me that I am now in a burgeoning phase of growth – step proudly across the golden pastures but don’t forget the lessons learned?

Yesterday was a magnificent blend of sensual bliss and magnificent aromas converging on my senses like market day in Morocco?  I had a day-spa experience and was pampered into an ecstatic reverie – the commitments of my work life scrubbed away by aromatic sea salt remembrances of the week past lavished into oblivion with mango body butter.  The tiny capsule surrounded me protecting me from the outside world while the Vichy shower transported me into rapture and beyond.  Why do I indulge myself in such a way, you may ask?  Well, I could say, “I’m worth it!”  It’s more than that for me – there are a multitude of reasons why I pamper my body they range from; caring for my body ensures peace and harmony in my mind and soul, commitment to a work life balance is important, it’s good for me and the list goes on.  These moments of indulgence maintain a steady flow of Julia and her individual sonata in tune with the global symphony that inspires me to reach unchartered milestones and bask in melting moments.

I believe that the human race is sometimes such an arduous chore – we must take time out to sit and listen to our favourite score – or loose ourselves in other achievements whether it is to watch them kick a ball or catch a ball; or to swim the pool faster than anyone else; or shop until you drop; or try on this year’s fashion one store after another.  In my view, whatever brings the hum to your heart and a smile on your face is an essential ingredient to your soul’s elixir, don’t you?

As I gaze out into my garden of joy the time is trickling away – it is time to get up and prepare for another day.  Luther Burbank reminds us, “Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful; they are the sunshine, food and medicine to the soul.”

Seize the day!

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment