Saturday, April 10, 2010

Purification – Black Tourmaline

We are going to enter a new phase of esoteric exploration. Each day I will choose a crystal and highlight the meaning and share the appropriate affirmation.

Crystals are an important part of my life (they have been for many years). Their healing energy is ever-present with jewellery and strategically placed rocks around my home and work space. I won’t go into where and why they are located (at this stage) instead offer you some insight into their healing potential for you in your life.

My source of knowledge and information is from a book and cards. I’ve had this set for many years. The set is called: The Crystal Ally Cards: The Crystal Path to Self Knowledge. The author and artist are: Naisha Ahsian. I would like to promote this set and suggest you buy your own copy for future fun and wisdom. The publisher is Heaven and Earth Publishing at East Montpelier Vermont (one of my favourite places on the planet).

The text and illustration are copyright © 1995 by Naisha so I don’t wish to disrespect her creativity and hard work but rather promote her work via my column. It is a great book and the cards are very realistic representations of the earth’s bounty. Thank you for sharing your amazing gift with the world, Naisha – I hope that you are living a loving and abundant life.

Our first card on this healing alchemy is Black Tourmaline which promotes purification. This is a very grounding crystal and assists with releasing patterns of behaviour which have outworn their usefulness. It is a grounding stone so if you’ve been out of balance or a little flighty it will encourage you to be centred and focused. I have my black tourmaline on my computer – it is good for releasing any negativity energy and transforming it into positive.

The affirmation is: my energy is free from outside influences. I am centred and clear.

It never ceases to amaze me how our subconscious is a magnet for the perfect messages coming to us at the right time. In choosing this card this morning I shuffled the cards and dove into the pack. The reason why this card is appropriate today is that I’ve just returned from a two week holiday to the south island of New Zealand (a short travel log will be published via the perspective of the Green Back Pack: http://www.jestacom.biz/newsite/ezine/green_backpack_adventures.htm) in the coming weeks so watch his page.

Yesterday morning I wrote and published my column in Christchurch just prior to our departure and this morning I am back in Canberra.

Travelling and unpacking is always a frenetic experience for me – I don’t mind travelling for pleasure (actually I love it!) or sight seeing but the return home always seems to be exhausting and somewhat tiresome. You know the lining up in airline queues, the rushing about of chaotic travellers and then when you get home the unpacking, washing and then the preparation for the return to work. Is it hectic or what? So as you can see the black tourmaline which was intuitively chosen is the perfect crystal to remind me to be grounded.

It’s a number nine day – conclusions and resolutions. The return to Australia was uneventful and yet I carried a feeling of being grateful throughout the journey. I considered how fortunate we are to be able to travel so far so quickly and the view from the clouds was uplifting and inspiring.

Now let’s see what else has been lurking in my subconscious. The Sun shines optimism and offers regrowth. Strangely my focus seems to be on a tiny cherub hiding in the undergrowth of the rose garden. His face is pure and innocent and filled with anticipation – what’s in store?

From the innocence of the cherubs to the austere presence of the Devil it’s like an esoteric paradox. The Devil never concerns me with his presence in my readings. He is a Capricorn card which primarily represents career and or business. He also reminds us of the elation we feel when we are liberated from oppression.

The Wheel of Fortune is a change in destiny. The wheel is spinning and the tone is set to leave behind the irrelevant details of the past and stand refreshed and renewed for the future.

So be it!

Love, Peace and Happiness,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment