Saturday, September 11, 2010

Shaman of Tradition

Valuing established patters, acknowledging the past, acceptance of the shaping power of tradition, deep memory, reassessing paths, recognising traditions in daily life

Cave art is communication. The idea that these images were representation of inner visionary states is something we become aware of when we study the practices of a group of highly important people – the shamans.

In modern life we all have traditions. Families have traditions; communities and groups have traditions. As we encounter the Shaman of Tradition we are being asked to consider these traditions and how they’ve shaped your life.

For example one of my deeply ingrained traditions is to write in my journal. Each morning I wake early, reach for my journal and a pen and begin to write. Sometimes dreams are documented and sometimes the journal is a way of to debrief my thoughts and emotions. Other times, my journal acts like a communication portal between me and you. I honour this tradition and will continue to make this a connection to our ongoing cyber-relationship – so be it and harm to none!

The Moon in Scorpio is hosting a magnificent segue into the week ahead. There is lots of cosmic news on the celestial agenda. Mercury goes direct (thank goodness); Pluto goes direct in Capricorn (fantastic – bring on the transformation) and Venus moves into Scorpio (yum – yum – throw out the daggy night wear and slip into something sexy! I will explore this cosmic line up with you as they step up to the Universal plate.

It’s a number six day – time to focus and make a commitment to whatever your heart desires. Our major league cheer squad (aka Major arcana cards) comprise of: Death, Strength, Devil and Temperance (for good measure – I like to finish on a positive note).

So how do they play out in your life? We’ve talked about these twenty two cards for a couple of years now. You interpret them and integrate their influence into your life.

On that note, I am working on an e-book format for Julia’s Journal. You will be able to download it for free. The Techo Guru and I will make that happen (when Mercury turns direct of course) so stay tuned – watch this space.

I will still bring you Julia’s Journal via a daily supplement. However previous editions will be published in eBook format.

Traditions are important they connect us to our values and beliefs – innovation is the new road – let’s travel it together!

Love, Peace and Harmony,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment