Saturday, November 13, 2010

Re-evaluate your priorities

Your soul’s purpose right now is to temper your enthusiasm for your superficial desires and put aside all thoughts of personal comfort and gain for the time being.

Over the past few years my priority was to secure a fantastic career that validated my credentials. My goal was to “add value” and work and thrive in a harmonious environment.

Now I am so happy and content in my work place so much so I have to constantly pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming. I feel I have arrived at the summit. I am not saying that there are days that challenge me because there are – of course. But I love the challenges. Also, in those challenging moments I am listened to, respected and heard.

My career experience has moved out of the playground with the tattle tailing and white anting to a more dignified and adult region of the academy.

Do you know how good it is to work alongside of people who take the time to smile and say hello even though they are totally engrossed in their heavy workload? Priceless! I am so blessed! It is even better than I expected or dreamed.

One of the greatest gifts of this environment is our leader an incredible woman. She constantly demonstrates her admiration and respect for us. I guess it goes without say that she is the main reason for the successful and happy work environment. Thank you for being a great woman and inspiration for us all!

Anyway, enough of the where I have arrived in my career path. My priority is shifting to my health and well-being. I am on a weekend retreat and my focus is to get back to me and my health. I have taken myself out of my natural environment to re-evaluate what is important to me in my life. I hope you can find the time to do that too!

Love, Peace and Harmony,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment