Friday, February 4, 2011

I am subtle, simple and uncomplicated

By following the way, I do not become complicated, extraordinary or prominent. Rather, I become subtle, simple and uncomplicated.

A great scholar hears of the Tao and begins diligent practice. A middling scholar hears the Tao and retains some and loses some. An inferior scholar hears of the Tao and roars with ridicule. Without that laugh, there would not be the Tao.

So there are constructive sayings on this: The way of illumination seems dark, going forward seems like retreat, the way seems hard, true power seems weak, true purity seems tarnished, true clarity seems obscure, the greatest art seems unsophisticated, the greatest love seems indifferent, and the greatest wisdom seems childish.

The Tao is hidden and nameless; the Tao alone nourishes and brings everything into fulfilment.

Even when I write the words serenity washes over me. I fee connected to the Tao and when I think that the world is treating me harshly I am reminded that we are all part of this swirling mass of consciousness.

Dark, heavy clouds bank over the horizon. This week has been a long lesson in ego-clashes and fractious pettiness. The golden lining in all this middle-earth teachings is that I gained some key principles for charting my next course of action or should I say, “Non-action”.

In previous school house interactions I’ve been accused of being passive and non-compliant; that maybe so. I know my inner realm intimately that when I am very angry I remain silent. This is a tactic that works for me as I don’t over-react with words I will have to retract in the future – or even worse, offer an apology.

In my view the word, “sorry” is sacrosanct and should only be spoken when your soul is open and vulnerable and the depths of your being are deeply and profoundly, “sorry”. It is not that I don’t say sorry because I do, when appropriate. I reserve the essence of sorry when I truly seek forgiveness and have no intention to breach that value again.

The Moon is in Pisces. Pisces is a magical being of deep and profound proportions. I adore the essence of Pisces and their adaptability and am mesmerised by their Neptunian dance. The exquisite movement of transformation has me spellbound. They fascinate me by evolving between the affable gold fish to the shark and then morph into the whale offering the wisdom gained from centuries of lessons.

So what can a Pisces Moon offer us on this delightful Saturday morning? She can remind us of the importance of play by engaging our imagination in some dreamy and delightful escape. Sounds inviting? Well, step this way!

On the numerological front the 11/2 master number has a more deliberate course of action. It’s not about fantasy Island instead holding the map upright is a priority.

Wherever you are today – no matter what Island you’ve landed on – take care of you and be kind to one another.

Love, Peace and Harmony,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment