Friday, February 11, 2011

True mastery can be gained

In order to enliven my experience of the Tao and live by its principles, I practice decreasing my reliance on things.

Learning consists of daily accumulating. The practice of the Tao consists of daily diminishing; decreasing and decreasing, until doing nothing. When nothing is done, nothing is left undone.

Trust mastery can be gained by letting things go their own way. It cannot be gained by interfering.

This verse and affirmation from the Tao Te Ching suggests that we need away from the concept of seeking pleasure or ownership of things. This concept is based on the premise that we are the true representation of love so what else is there? We are everything – we do not need to have “things” in our life to be fulfilled.

Ant it is true. And I can understand that concept. The only offering I will make here is that we live in a modern technology driven society and living without “things” may seem a little brutal. On the other hand excess is rather gaudy isn’t it?

The Moon in curious Gemini loves the technology combining with the push from the Aquarius (ruled by Uranus) Sun promotes technology and innovative solutions to problem solving. So where do we draw the line between having “things” and satisfying our cosmic/technological evolution?

I try to substantiate my purchases – technological or otherwise. It reeks of lobbying for something. It’s easy really “J” is for justification after all. For example: pleas in mitigation such as, “I really need to have this because, ‘xyz’ or this mobile is essential to my life because of ‘abc’. Do you know what I mean?

What I have worked hard to achieve is the boundary between necessity and excess. My life has become considered and in some respects may be even, minimalistic. I do not attract clutter even though I have the desire to feed my mind, heart and soul. Even my food choices are considered in respect of portions and impact on my body.

I think that the transition between eastern and western philosophies and lifestyles can be achieved as long as we acknowledge that we are the master of our destiny.

A number nine day climaxes with a sense of empowerment. By this stage in our numerological cycle we have faced some challenges; worked on strategies to over come them; sought a balance between work and life and explored a little self indulgence along the way.

This is not a rest stop by any means, even if you do feel exhausted. Rather a number nine day is a philanthropic invitation so it is important to give to others – share your fortune; your wisdom. Treat yourself as you best friend and spread the joy of living your truth with others.

Make this a happy day!

Love, Peace and Harmony,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment