Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Accept your own beauty

You are beautiful no matter what your mind tells you. That is a fact. If you are aware of your own beauty and accept your own beauty, the opinions of others don’t affect you at all.

I often wonder what drives the beautiful elite to continually have surgery. If they are already beautiful then why aren’t they happy with themselves? I’m not opposed to a little maintenance or to have a little freshen but the journey under the knife can be fraught with danger. Well any surgery can be dangerous for that matter.

At what point do we come to realise that we are beautiful enough? How much money does it take for feel comfortable in our own skin? Or is the full stop on the body alterations comes when then the sentence is out of adjectives. Just a thought.

I guess it is like starving yourself for a dress size. I can’t imagine myself doing that. In fact I’m more like a child on a long car trip, “are we there yet?” on the diet reduction merry-go-round.

I love food. Actually I am a self-confessed hedonist. In that view I’ve based my weight loss goal on the focus for a healthy body and a healthy mind. The pursuit of a healthy lifestyle is purely focused around my relationship with food. Rather than give up or do without I’ve changed my perception of food.

So, instead of being a slave to sugary I eat with intention. Sometimes I break my own rules about eating the right fuel which reminds me that yes I am human. I accept responsibility and re-evaluate my situation and forgive myself and my transgressions. And then I move on with conviction toward my goal of a healthy body.

Primarily, my view is medicine. What I eat makes me feel good, nourishes my body and gives me the right energy to push the synapses along the healthy highways – pushes my body for one more exercise and lifts my soul to an enlightened Nirvana. Well that’s the theory.

Athena cuts through the crap. She warns that words mean nothing without action. Step fooling you – the scales don’t lie – step up and be counted or perish in a pool of lies. Judgement keeps the cycle of metamorphosis in play – don’t delay as your health is a priority – today and everyday. The Moon offers cycles and signs to plant your seeds and motivate your behind. She is in Aries today so don’t dawdle – get up and play!

It’s a number six day – take responsibility for what you do – there are more excuses than enthusiasm in your stew of broken promises to you.

Love, Peace and Happiness,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment