Friday, August 27, 2010

Dancer of Life

Energy, fertility, hope, celebration, joy in all things, living in the now, entering into awareness, soul endurance respect for others, endless possibilities

Home at last! – Thank the Goddess I am home at last!

Last night I left Sydney and flew home – it was the finale to an exhausting day. I woke at 5am to ensure that I wrote in my journal and complete packing and preparing to move out of the apartment. I had arranged to meet my colleague downstairs for a 7:15am check out. It was gruelling and at the end of the day I was tired and annoyed.

Unfortunately I was booked on a late flight out of Sydney and my Qantas Customer Service agent was not very helpful – or approachable about changing my flight to an earlier one.

In the past couple of years my colleague had negotiated a Qantas Club membership and was not only greeted with a smile and a Mr. this or that but was able to negotiate an earlier flight. In the meantime he was able to smooze with other patrons in the QC lounge.

In the meantime, I met up with some of my students from the course and we gathered at plastic tables and chairs in a cafeteria setting.

At this stage I was quite miffed and tired and the divide between the haves and the have-nots was blatant. As you know inequality lurks as a demon within me and it taunts my sense of justice and fair play.

While sitting with my students I rationalised the sequence of events and while he joined us and then began to taunt us with his ticket to “special treatment” I began to deconstruct the story that had played out.

First of all – good on him – then I thought – well it is only an hour and at the end of a three week commitment what is an hour – plus I have an opportunity to get to know people just that little bit better. Finally, I reached the pinnacle with a “so what?”

At the end of the journey I shared a cab with ome of my young students and fulfilled a promise I had made with her manager to look after her and make sure that she got home safe – a great conclusion to a stressful and emotional day.

Our subconscious highlights this story with: The World – a finale to a journey or life event. Beneficial lessons have been learned and ripe fruit – “awareness” is ready to pluck from the vine.

Death herealds the ending of an adventure – a major life phase. The full stop allows us to take a breath and grieve the loss of a concept or a chapter. Allow yourself to release the emotional baggage around this loss – it is important to let it go so you don’t continue to carry the excess baggage with you from trip to trip.

The Wheel of Fortune is the bounty of experiences gained when you become the dancer of life. Move to the beat of your own song and you will be set free!

NB: Last Sunday night my husband sat with Wayne Dyer at the airport. It was in a public gallery and as they waited for their Virgin flights. Dr. Dyer was sitting in a public gallery relaxing and was totally approachable. My husband was so impressed that he spoke to him in a calm and gracious manner. He knew that Dr. Dyer had just invested a great deal of his energy in the “I can do it!” conference. Dr. Dyer was polite and friendly and not in a segregated lounge. Interesting, isn’t it?

Love, Peace and Harmony,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment