Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tune out to distractions

Is your head filled with the voices, choices, and opinions of others? Have you lost contact with your inner guidance in the midst of listening to these people? Are you constantly wrestling with doing the right thing, fearful that you’ll make a mistake and suffer irreversible consequences – therefore hesitating to make a decision at all? If you’re tired of this struggle, then you’re making process. Your spirit is gaining strength in its quest to connect you to your authentic voice.

Your soul’s purpose right now is to recognise the voice of your Higher Self. It connects you to your deepest wisdom and t that of the Universe. It doesn’t flatter, interrupt, or coerce, not does it make you feel special in any way. It’s subtle and consistent, and tunes you in to direct communication with your soul. Only this inner guidance can lead you to what is true for you, so all other voices must go.

Have the discipline to block out the din of the external world so that you can listen to the still voice within. It can be beard, but it won’t compete with the world for your attention. You must choose to heed it, and refuse to allow your life to be run by others. Be selective about what you take in from outside yourself; only then you will find the answers you’re seeking.

Do you worry about what people think of you? I go through phases of caring and not being so concerned. In the past I’ve released the need to please and then I’ve taken a soul lesson to remind me that the opinions of others are not relevant to my soul growth and purpose. It’s that I am totally oblivious to what other people think of me its jus that I don’t want to colour my world or hamper my stride.

The Moon is in her flamboyant Leo house today. This brings a multicoloured climax to October. I connected to this lunar hue and rearranged my wardrobe. I moved the winter clothes out and moved in my spring and summer collection. It was a lovely variant of colour and gave me a fresh perspective for the seasons ahead.

I had not seen some of these vivid clothes since earlier this year so it was quite exciting and refreshing. I also unpacked the plastic storage boxes filled with sandals and light summery footwear and replaced the boots and dark flatties. I now feel ready for the new season. Don’t worry the winter collection is close by – just not at the forefront of my view.

Today is Halloween. It is believed that the curtain between worlds (earthly and spiritual) is at its most flimsy. This is the day when the can come to visit. I don’t believe that their visitation is limited to just one day. For me this curtain is wide open all year around. It is a nice holiday though and one that can be a lot of fun. I am always up for a little celebration.

It’s a number eight day – a good day for balance peace and harmony. And that my friends are what I wish for you today and everyday!

Love, Peace and Harmony (Boo),

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment