Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Child: Nature

Light – friendships with animals’ communication with nature spirits

Shadow – tendency to abuse animals, people and the environment

Look for a lifelong pattern of relating to animals such that your psyche and spirit need these bonds for your own well-being.

I really don’t understand how anyone could live in the shadow side of this archetype. I don’t understand how anyone could abuse animals in anyway shape or form. I know that my spirit is definitely aligned to the light side of this archetype.

The Moon lingers in her sexy and passionate phase of Scorpio. This phase does not always sit well with me – you know the Moon is sitting on my Sun – ouch. The past two days have been hectic and intense but definitely okay. So how is your world going along? Nice, I hope!

The Death card always brings a feeling of something rather dark and austere to our morning reading. What is about to end, you may ask? What will I mourn? How will it impact of effect me? I am always a little wary about the appearance of this card as I am not always ready or prepared to relinquish what needs to be shed to move on.

The Tower represents our structure filled with ideals and beliefs. The Greeks intended to build a tower that would reach up to the heavens – little did they realise the higher you got the more susceptible you become to the elements. I guess it makes you realise that the higher your profile the more chance that you will come under scrutiny or attack from external forces.

The next card is one of my favs and she is the Empress. The Earth Mother is the Goddess of the spring. Well, it is definitely winter here in Australia. I asked my hubby the other day so when is spring going to arrive and he laughed. I didn’t think it was a ridiculous question. It is cold though and I am looking forward to the rebirth of nature.

I guess in some ways I am a Child of nature – I love the seasons and adore the interplay between animals and the earth. We are so blessed to be surrounded by such beauty and wonder.

Love, Peace and Natural Wonders,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment