Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mother

Light – nurturance, patience, unconditional love – joy in giving birth (ouch)

Shadow – smothering or abandoning children, instilling guilt in child for becoming independent.

You don’t need to be a biological mother, but must have a life long devotion to nurturing and protecting the environment for supporting any life forming including giving birth to books or ideas. Some men relate to be Mr. Mom another variation of the Mother Archetype.

My Mother is Virgo and she has taught me many wonderful lessons over my life. I am eternally grateful that she is my Mum and that we’ve had a great relationship. It is more than gratifying to know that our relationship has got stronger as we’ve both matured.

I’ve often felt incredibly sad for John Lennon and his estranged and yet devoted relationship with his Mother. I guess the tragedy was that he had only reconnected with her and she was killed only minutes from his home. And when I hear his song, Mother – well I am moved to tears.

I think that Mother is a complex archetype – not all of us are a Mother in the true sense of the word and yet most of us demonstrate those nurturing qualities in aspects of our lives.

The Moon is in Virgo today and this is a nice balance with the Sun in Cancer. Cancer rules the fourth house of home and mother and the Moon is about being tidy and paying attention to details.

It is number six day – and a time to take responsibility for our actions. The eclipse season is over for better or worse and now the mop up process begins. I know I’ve been incredibly emotional over this season of eclipse. I have kept a lid on it but still the unwanted emotions have bubbled furiously inside. These emotions have been around money and the process of settling into my new job. Now, I feel I can take time to calm my thoughts and emotions – and just let it be.

The Moon, Justice and Empress are our three cards today. So what is your interpretation? The Moon – emotions; Justice = balance and Empress is Gaia, the earth mother. She coaxes us into a state of new beginnings. She is the ultimate mother. She is tough, unrelenting, generous, persistent and dedicated. She is sort of like the archetypal archetype – are we allowed to say that?

Love, Peace and Mother Wisdom – Let it Be,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment