Saturday, July 31, 2010

Monk/Nun

Light – selfless devotion and single-minded dedication to Spirit

Shadow – negative judgement of the physical world – excess piety

Determine whether you have a serious life pattern removing yourself from the world and personal relationships to focus on spiritual practice or work

I know I’ve shared this with you before but I will say it again –my previous life I lived in an Abbey as a Monk. I know that I starved myself to death as a rebellious act against the depravity of my people. I wanted to feel their pain – experience their struggle. I remember watching a movie called, In the Name of the Rose and immediately felt drawn into the story and felt – I’ve been there – I lived that life. This memory continues to permeate my life in the present incarnation. I guess that is the basis for my hedonistic ways – my relationship with food and how I still gravitate back to spiritual exploration.

In this life I crave for spiritual retreat and feel incredibly comforted by my hermit-like existence. If I could work from home I would – and I know I will one day. At times I have to force myself to leave home and sigh deeply when the door closes. I know that my soul connects with the meaningful chapter in the Abbey and my wind chimes are deep and remind me of the familiar sounds of my previous life.

I know that there are some aspects in this life that align to the attributes of this archetype. I can assure you that I’ve never dreamed or desired to be a nun in this life. I feel confident in saying that this archetype is not one of my priority archetypes. Although, I am aware that I bring remanets of my souls previous experience with me as I navigate the rocky outcrop of this existence.

A pinch and a punch for the first day of the month and happy birthday to horses everywhere I love those grand beasts – they are regal animals – actually there are not many animals I don’t like. Anyway, here we are in a new month – a new page and another chapter and further opportunities to get to know each other a little better.

August feels like a change-maker month – not sure why that is – it’s just the way I feel. This week there are some planetary influences which support that statement/feeling. We will share those alignments as they arrive and try and capitalise on the energy they offer to work on our lives.

The first card out this morning is Death. This card reminds us that a certain aspect of our lives or a negative thought patter or behaviour needs to end. Let it go and let the new come into your life.

The Hermit shuffles in and proposes that our health is the priority. I don’t know about you, but I’ve allowed the frustrations of the week play havoc with my health routine. I’ve worked through lunch hours instead of walking and this need to stop – right now.

The Lovers propose that there is a need to focus on relationships. Find a loving balance and keep the energy flowing. Enjoy the company of your closest mate and celebrate the sacredness of your union.

A number three day starts our busy month of August – seek your platform of communication and share your ideas with the world. You can connect to my platform at: www.jestacom.biz/newsite - see you there out our perfect meeting place.

Love, Peace and Connection

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment