Friday, July 2, 2010

Hedonist

Light – inspires creative energy to embrace the good things in life – celebrates the beauty in you

Shadow – pursues pleasure to the detriment of health, indulges at the expense of others

Look for a life long patter of pleasurable indulgence or either as an end in itself or as an attempt to reach transcendent status.

Oh! Dear, the attributes of this archetype blur for me – I am mindful that I do not dwell in the shadow side for too long. Fortunately, I’ve had lots of mentors who have inspired to keep my feet on the light side of the street.

I love this archetype as it focuses my self care commitment. I am continually striving toward a healthy work and life balance. From my previous past life regressions I connected with a former life as a Monk. In that life I starved myself to death as a peaceful protest again oppression. At times in this life I seem to make up for the hunger pains – get my drift?

The Moon is in Aries today. And it is a number four day. So it is a good time to lay the ground work on what needs to be done or renovated in our lives. Think about an area of your life that needs a little makeover and today is the day to get to work on this area.

The ice is melting and the rain has come to wash away the remanets of the past. The fog hangs low over the Gundaroo escarpment with white fluffiness shrouding the cold shoulders of the present. Warmth wraps salaciously around the frigid reminders of days gone by a snapshot of transcendental beauty.

The death card always brings a moment of shock then you realise that it is not a literal death instead a metaphorical semblance of transformation. This card represents the past. So the question is having you released all that is required so you can move forward on your path of destiny?

The present stirs a philosophical horizon with temperance guiding us toward a strategic landscape. Are we looking at the bigger picture? Or are we focusing on the tiny shards of glass beneath our feet?

The Magician relies upon your imagination which floods creativity with all that is possible. The necessary tools are available to you now – the locked door clicks ajar – do you take your toolbox and move toward the open door or would you rather waste another minute pondering the imponderable?

I’ve struggled with the hedonist in this life time – while this has been a constant battle between the light and the shadow attributes there is hope and desire for balance.

Acknowledging the importance of a healthy temple of wisdom is the first step on the path to liberation from your earthly shadow side.

Love, Peace and Wisdom,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment