Friday, July 16, 2010

Martyr

Light – learning the transcendent nature of service to oneself or a cause

Shadow – addiction to self pity

Look for a pattern of giving yourself to causes for the betterment of others, regardless of the consequences

This archetype has really had a bad wrap over the past few years. So let’s just take this to an individual level. Say if you align with the shadow archetype as an addict to self pity, is that a racquet? What I mean is what the benefit is for you? Are you stuck in this cycle? What will happen if you continue down this road?

On the light side, is your martyr archetype engage out of love or a negative slant on passive aggressive behaviour? For example, “don’t worry, I’ll do that I’ve only been working hard all day, and…. (I think you should feel sorry for me right now).

I think that this archetype leaves us vulnerable and seduces us into a darker side of life. But that is only my perspective 

The Moon in Virgo winks at grumpy old Saturn today. Sure she is flirting but he is not having any of it. As a matter of fact he gives her the cold shoulder and asks – have you been naughty or nice? The question remains for us to decide. Have we stayed true to our convictions for a healthy lifestyle?

A number eight day asks about balance – is there a balance between work and health – I can’t answer that on the ground it may incriminate me. This week especially, I’ve been very guilty of not taking care of myself as far as rest breaks and my dedication to drinking lots of cleansing water. Plus, I’ve allowed myself to be stressed out at work – oh haa – so ante up – what have you been up to?

The Hierophant is our wise counsel. He encourages us to exorcise the wounded part of ourselves. He understands the frailties of the human soul and offers wise words of love and healing. The Hermit resides in our sixth house of work and health and suggests that it is not too late to turn your life around – right now! While the Lovers laugh and giggle and say, well, it’s Friday so let’s have some fun and not worry about the work routines.

The Martyr archetype is hard work and not fun for anyone. I don’t think that I have this one anywhere in my chart. So I guess I lack the understanding required to see the world from their perspective. Honestly, I would rather have fun.

Love, Peace and Fun Filled Happy Times,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment