Friday, December 17, 2010

My own fulfilment


It is through selfless action that I experience my own fulfilment.

The 7th verse of the Tao Te Ching reveals:

Heaven is eternal – the earth endures. Why do heaven and earth last forever? They do not live for themselves only? This is the secret of their durability.

For this reason the sage puts himself last and so ends up ahead. He stays a witness to life, so he endures. Sever the needs of others, and all your needs will be fulfilled. Through selfless action, fulfilment is attained.

The pragmatic energy of the number six attempts to make sense of this seventh verse. We try to comprehend the complexity of giving to others and yet being the gifted one. There is a certain satisfaction when you give freely of yourself isn’t there? When you do something just to help another person without any agenda or expectation a flame ignites in your soul and this is evident in your demeanour.

Six is a rational mode. And this flows perfectly with the practicality of the Taurean Moon. Taurus is earthy and realistic a perfect tone for finalising gifts and planning our own fulfilment.

This Christmas I am giving of myself – supporting others and being in the moment with my family and friends. I am putting their wants before my own desires and I know that I too will feel the positive vibration of fulfilment. This intention feels right – a perfect alignment to this seventh verse of the Tao.

Love, Peace and Harmony,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment