Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rescuer

Light – provides strength and support to others in crisis - acts out of love with no expectation for reward.

Shadow – assumed that the rescued will reciprocate – keeps the rescued one needy.

Observe whether you have always sought to help others in peril, whether for selfish or altruistic motives.

The rescuer insists on a delicate balance with all of our intentions as we choose to rescue others. I can’t help but think about that line from Pretty woman when he asks, so what happens when he rescues the girl and she says she rescues him right back.

I think most people are rescuers. The shadow side varies on the individual and can range from being totally altruistic to seeking acknowledgement to a darker side of the when the rescuer becomes the abuser.

This archetype has many fables and stories even Hollywood has glorified or demonised this archetype. It is us to you as the individual to choose which side of the archetype you want to operate.

It’s a 10/1 day so out with the old and prepare for the new. I began this process yesterday. I decided to honour the day after the eclipse with a new pair of boots (sorry Sir Paul). That’s right, I’ve been living in Canberra for a few years now and I’ve not brought a pair of boots until yesterday. These boots are made for walking….

I also encountered a massive sale of summer clothes at Blue Illusion. How could I resist? Well, I didn’t! Items were priced down from $129.95 to $9.95. And when I got to the counter to pay for them there was another 30% off that reduced price. Essentially, I’ve updated my spring and summer wardrobe for under $50.00. I could not believe the gems I brought – awesome!

With all of that enthusiasm and energy bursting inside I decided it was time to clear out the closet. I scrutinised my clothes and moved seasons around (I’ve been meaning to do that all winter – 3 weeks ago!). Now I have a large bag of beautiful clean quality clothes to donate.

The Moon is in the friendly sign of Aquarius. Networking is prominent under this 11th house ruler.

The Fool emerges after a dark period of reflection. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has no concrete plans as yet; although, his energy is definitely on the boil.

The Chariot sweeps in and takes us in a new direction – hold on tight to the reigns as it going to be a wild and exciting ride. The crossroads appear up ahead – are you ready for a new direction?

The High Priestess reminds us to take the library with us on our journey. Keep the secrets of the past locked away – safe and secure. Remember the journey out of Hades? It was fraught with danger and dastardly obstacles. You don’t need to go back there again – well not in this lifetime anyway!

The rescuer archetype holds a powerful message – while you may be willing to go out on a limb for others make sure you keep your feet firmly planted on the ground.

Have a happy and cleansing day!

Love, Peace and New Directions,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment