Sunday, September 27, 2009

16 days to go – Day XXVI – Sunshine and laughter


“The human race has one effective weapon and that is laughter.” Mark Twain

The Moon is in earth Capricorn which is grounding and offers a safe haven for my watery sun sign. Quite often I find comfort in my Capricorn North Node (or Dragon’s Head) as he reminds me of the importance of project planning my life. My natal north node lurks in the fifth house of creativity and fun – and for some time I considered – what fun is it to have stodgy Capricorn there? As I matured I began to realise the importance of a structured and organised work/life balance. More importantly I began to glean how a ritual such as writing each morning in my journal is an asset to my creative journey. I guess the pure escapism and innovations comes from the Moon and Jupiter in Gemini in the 9th.

Yesterday I grabbed my copy of Wellbeing Astrology 2010 (now in circulation) and have been digesting each morsel over the weekend (of course it is the only thing I can eat! – metaphorically speaking). I was reading my Sun sign prediction by Kelly Surtess (well done Kelly – a great read) and felt very blessed. It’s not as though my predictions are better or worse than anyone else’s its just that the Sun was beaming into my lounge room while gulping down the potential for next year.

It’s day 26 and I feel a sense of comfort in the detox. I am researching the next phase and am about to embark upon the third and final stage, with more supplements and brews to integrate. One scoop of this and two capsules of that over 42 days supported by a healthy diet and voila – easy as that – a healthy body! I wish it was as easy as that – although if it was easy then it wouldn’t be life changing or a healthy improvement to a pretty amazing life.

This weekend I’ve decided to reorganise my wardrobe and work on some more recycling of clothes. I have a couple of NoniB lay-bys and they are getting close to finalisation so I thought I would review the status of my wardrobe and move the winter garments back and bring the spring/summer ones to the front. Sometimes when I do this I find outfits I’ve not worn for ages and it is just like wearing a whole new ensemble – very exciting.

The Sun has sprawled across the Gundaroo escarpment. Rain has nurtured the winter scorched hills and valleys. This watery sacrament has been revered by most Canberra’s inhabitants over the past couple of days but now as I start my day the golden rays offer reassurance and a source of golden enjoyment.

The star stands proudly in her glory and innocence. She is a beacon of inspiration. The Magician offers the tools necessary to carve out a fulfilling destiny: wands for creativity and contentment; cups for emotional fulfilment, sensitivity and intuition; pentacles a source of financial support and swords to cut away the crap and see the picture without fear or favour.

The Devil stalks my morning spread with his feted breath and austere demeanour. He reminds me of the oppressive-ness of our fear – how we are thwarted in our stride while moving out of our comfort zone. What if I take that job? What will it be like? Will I like it? Or is it a step backward? Or what if I throw out that dress and cannot afford a new one? Our minds are constantly bombarded with the fears of tomorrow instead of the opulence of today.

The Hierophant is a comforting soul. His astuteness borne out of pain offers respite should we burn our fingers from the hungry flames of change? Consolation arrives in the gift box called wisdom.

It’s a number two day of cooperation and duality – the balance of work, rest and play. Of course there is one more ingredient in that life-sustaining brew – and that my friend is laughter. Seek the perpetual hot pot but don’t forget to sprinkle in sunshine and laughter. Here’s to a good belly laugh – ho ho ho!

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment