Friday, September 25, 2009

17 Days to go – Day XXV – Slow down!



“There is more to life than increasing its speed.” Mahatma Gandhi

It is Saturn-Day (Saturday) time to enjoy the pleasures of my hard work. It’s time to slow down and nurture our minds, bodies and fill our souls with the passion of creativity, lust and wonder.

It’s a 10/1 day – endings and beginnings – it’s time to shed the obligations and responsibilities of the current cycle and embrace the possibilities of a new phase.

The Moon taps into our creative pool – dreams, visions and prompts from beyond the curtain of reality.

Justice conquers all fears of incompetence and insignificance – forge ahead in the direction of your dreams.

Hermes, the Magician is adept at playing the game – duality of personae and purpose – shape shifter extraordinaire – there are no limitations in a creative soul.

The Sun shines brightly into our damaged hearts – truth, love and beauty are the battle plans to win the war against fear and oppression. Don’t let them take your self esteem – it’s yours – it’s sacred the perfect vessel to launch your exit strategy – honour it – put it up on your pedestal – keep it in a locked box and never give the key to anyone!

Last night driving home from work I confessed to my gal pal that a six week detox is far too long. I was feeling the drudgery of being mindful of what I can or can’t eat or drink – I felt that time was my enemy. She reminded me in her usual Leo optimistic retort, “You are nearly there – keep it up!” I shrugged and said, sure, why not? I felt unmotivated but reminded of my commitment.

This morning I realised how “time” is such a force in our lives. I immediately began humming, “Time is on your side” by the Rolling Stones. Is time on our side? Do we have to waste in a job that does not fit? Are we continually pressured by the time-lines and delivery outcomes? What happens if there is too much time? Do we fill the void with nonsense? So how should we act when there is a glut of time? Do we honour each millisecond and drink it in slowly, deliberately and respectfully?

This is your time – celebrate every minute – have the time of your life!

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment