Wednesday, September 2, 2009

41 Days – a realisation



It is a number four day perfect to lay foundations for the future. It is also another reality check day. Day 2 of the detox has given me some food for though – pardon the pun. Well actually it is not so much the food that I am craving – it is coffee. Yes, I feel as though I have the coffee monster within chanting – “I want coffee; coffee; coffee; coffee”. I have a blinding headache and my head feels like it has been inhabited by the cotton wool goblin. MoonHawk http://www.jestacom.biz/newsite/ezine/natural_living.htm has promised me that I will have clarity in the coming weeks and I guess that is what I am craving – the internal spring clean and the feeling of well being.

I’ve been concerned for a long time about my toxic living. It is not that I have many bad habits – I don’t smoke and I occasionally drink socially – the food I eat is healthy and I am consciously aware of my thoughts. What I crave most from the outcome of this program is a rite of passage for a healthier lifestyle.

Already, I’ve noticed subtle changes in my thoughts. Yesterday, I considered my reading material – I had some books that were given to me. They were a genre I had not read for some time. I read one book and the plot was predictable and frustrating as the main characters had not arrived at an obvious conclusion for many chapters. I thought, why am I reading these books if they are not giving me the information I desire or a positive buzz? I gave thanks for the opportunity to read them and I’ve packed them away.

Now, I’ve got my book, “Chiron: The rainbow bridge between the inner and outer planets”, by Barbara Hand Clow on my bedside table. This is the book I will indulge my senses in while relaxing.

As I was making these decisions about my reading material I thought that we form habits and daily rituals unconsciously watching TV or listening to music. Are they always good for us? Do they make us feel good or not so good? Now, is a time of making those conscious choices?

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment