Saturday, September 12, 2009

31 days to go – day XII - Untying the knots



“Seek the wisdom that will untie your knot, see the path that demands your whole being.” Rumi

The Lunar Moon sits silently in her 9th house. She pulls up a cushion and in a composed demeanour folds one leg under another and contemplates her naval. Rumi’s quote (above) begs the question; must we always seek the path that demands our whole being?

As part of the Pluto in Leo generation I’ve often felt the devotion to transformation. In some respects I’ve felt that I am unconsciously drawn into situations where the secret mission is to create change (Pluto in Leo in the 12th house). In most respects it is not about transformation for others instead the metamorphosis within vibrates out into my environment.

Over my life I’ve undertaken significant changes – to my appearance, attitude, friends, jobs, and living arrangements. The driving force of my question is two fold: curiosity and the desire for challenge. Outcomes dictate that I am in a loop of constant evolution. This is fine of course until I push the boundaries of my relationships. I live or work with – family doesn’t count as they are stuck with me – sorry L

This life of mind is always in a state of flux. Why? Because I am in it! Yes, I drive the agenda (most times) – living a multi-faceted existence – the reality or normalcy drops in and the expectations are set – the mild-mannered business suit is peeled away and the outer layers reflect the inner gypsy. I suppose that this is “normal” for most people – maybe?

I once read about a postman in England who lived a double life. A diligent public servant by day and then at night he was a prolific writer. Can you glean how he lived this life of duplicity? One moment he is delivering letters through an inanimate object and the next he is the hero in a duel with the latest villain – how ripe is that? I suppose we all have the Superman complex going on?

The Chariot collects my dreams and hurtles them down the road in two directions.

Hermit warns, watch your step Girlie – it is a rocky world out there!

The Moon tickles my fancy – facilitating creative pursuits – pick up your pen and open your heart. A journey revealed is a healing wand. Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable. It’s easy to be human J

The Lovers demands respect and communication, equality and integrity in love; a delicate balance of loving yourself and significant others

It’s day 12 of my detox and I am preparing for the next phase: renew – this phase is about repair and renew my digestive lining and replace bad bacteria with beneficial ones called probiotics. These good bacteria have a number of healthy actions, including controlling the growth of bad bacteria, reducing inflammation and helping me absorb nutrients effectively. Once established a small army inside my body will protect my digesting and seek to remove invading organisms – lovely!

In honour of Stage: 1 remove – and having a body scrub and vischy shower and then off to my favourite hairdresser (in the whole wide world). She is a gorgeous creative Leo woman whom I wish I could pick up after each session and take home with me. She is honest and decisive. When I sit in her chair and suggest a radical change she gently guides me back to a hair do I can live with. As I leave the salon I consider – it wasn’t what I asked for but it works. Pure magic!

The dye is cast for my day; ritualistic expectations and interludes of pampering – perfect balance. It’s the weekend and a time to relax, indulge – create the world you want in the time you’ve got – enjoy and don’t waste a minute. For we all know that the business suits present themselves far too quickly!

Peace and love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia.
    I like the reference to the loop of constant evolution, something I can certainly relate to.
    But the reference to the inner gypsy, I'm there girl!
    :)
    Keep up the hard work and that detox will be invaluable to you.

    ReplyDelete