Saturday, September 5, 2009

38 Days to go – untangling the cotton wool head




The Empress and Emperor hold hands while the sun captures my crystals overhead. The rays shimmer into miniature rainbows across my page as I write.

The cotton-wool in my head is dissipating with the microfibers relinquishing the claws of coffee withdrawal. My thoughts are tinged with clarity and my sentences have forged ahead into the full stop – period. I want to savour this moment and yet I am berating myself for the coffee addiction and previous poor food choices.

Why have I allowed myself to gulp down oceans of coffee and masticate tonnes of food that was not good for me? I don’t want to sound pious but really – what was I thinking? Probably wasn’t really thinking at all. Why does it take us so long to realise we are poisoning our bodies with denial.

I can hear myself espouse parables of denunciation, “one slice won’t hurt!” or, “just one more”. I don’t know why I’ve done this to myself – my own plea in mitigation is that I am human and I bring all of my frailties and complexities to the dinner table.

I have chosen defiance and more excuses than enthusiasm as part of my daily rhetoric and motto. Now, the shadows of denial are shifting and I am dancing in the rainbows.

Today is a number seven day of inner reflection and searching for that inner wisdom (we are all meant to have). This philosophical sojourn is undertaken with the shovel of discernment.

It is Saturday and I am embracing the lustre of the morn – the freedom to spend some precious moments with me.

Question: does the romantic soul even grow up? Do we ever get passed the prospect of a happy ending? Why is a grown woman still yearning for the girl and boy living happily ever after scenario? Is this naive? My quest is to find the answer to these questions and more and get back to you.

Last night I had a dream about Severus Snape. I was in his classroom and there were snakes slithering around the floor. I was wearing a white satin nightgown and sitting cross legged on his desk. I offered him an apple and he glared at me and with a twinkle in his eye he turned the fruit into a bunch of flowers. He wrapped his cape around his body and I could hear him say, “I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses.” I replied, “I thought I was here to learn the dark arts.”

Not sure what it means but interesting don’t you think?

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment