Thursday, September 3, 2009

40 Days – up against it!



It’s the third day of my detox and I feel awful. The toxins are swirling around in my body scurrying to find an appropriate exit. I feel nauseated, blocked, grumpy and even teary. On the other hand I am enjoying the food I’m eating and the water and herbal teas I am drinking. I feel that with every conscious breath I am taking I am one step closer to my divine self.

It’s strange how the detox is taking over my life. The word detox and all of its repercussions and outcomes permeates my conversations. I’ve even noticed how my work colleagues are talking about detoxification – it’s downright contagious.

Honestly, between you and me I don’t think that the change in dietary regime or the commitment to a detox has formed a habit in my daily routine. However, I feel the pull of conscious living as an aphrodisiac to my future dedication. I have a feeling that during these six weeks it will not only be toxins that will be eliminated from my body there will be many other blockages tossed aside.

Even though I anguish over the loss of the smell of my morning brew all things considered I’m peaking over the crest of the first hurdle in this 42 day climb.

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment