Wednesday, September 16, 2009

28 Days to go – Day XV – Still waters run deep



To the mind that is still, the whole Universe surrenders.”

The benefice of the wheel of fortune sprawls into my morning spread. At one level the turning of the card offers joy, enlightenment and a sigh of relief. On the other side the wheel reminds me of the continual revolutions that push our lives along – Lady Luck do your job!

The High Priestess, Persephone encourages patience an prudence – be deliberate in your actions and don’t be wasteful (of your energy and time).

The Devil, an austere figure boldly takes me where I am most afraid to go – the sullage pit of my fears – the grease trap of emotions that lurk between the grates of my discontent.

Venus and Jupiter are alright tonight but the turmeric in the cauldron, Saturn and Uranus aim to spice it up. Saturn’s accompaniment is more represented by the bed of rise where Uranus is the tincture of dread – if you put in one drop too much then it is at your peril.

How can we digest this stew without burning our mouths out? How can a candlelit dinner with the string quartet (provided by Venus) playing soppy ballads sung by Neptune combined with the melting pot of Saturn and Uranus evolve into a romantic quest? There is one more ingredient in this dinner date – Mercury retrograde.

Mercury retrograde has the potential to toss in the wrong aperitifs or even send you to the wrong restaurant.

I guess caution and preparedness is the perfect side dish and if all else fails, a food fight at the end.

The constant flows of messages flood my mind. The ever increasing to do list takes two ticks forward and three back. The way I see it, is our lives are a constant monologue inside our head. The questions, the expectations, the memories that haunt us, the stuff ups, the invasion on our sense of dignity, the poor choices of the past with a death mask – this constant streaming causes our own internal chaos and eventually projects out into the world.

Today I am mindful of the status in my mind and choose to take the needle off the record player and sit in my favourite chair and indulge in peace and solitude.

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment