Saturday, December 12, 2009

The wounded beast walks


I call on the Law of Forgiveness for every mistake I have ever made, knowingly and unknowingly, that has had a harmful affect on others and the planet. I fully and freely forgive myself, as all negativity I have ever released is now dissolved and consumed.

Recently, I’ve experienced a strong Chiron transit. During this time this tiny planetoid has met up with Jupiter – planet of mega buster proportions. While this tiny planetoid would prefer to heal silently in a cave somewhere – Jupiter throws the party of the century and invites all of your mistakes along. Meanwhile, in my first house Saturn is making a list and checking it twice. From what I can see in future transits these alignments are in play for a while – oh goodie!

So, what does that all mean? For me, it is a time to take responsibility for myself – my healing – consolidate my life’s ambitions – make appropriate adjustments in my life and move on. During these transits I am likely to experience some isolation – perhaps feel over burdened and even a little resentful. All good stuff this personal growth, isn’t it?

I guess my baseline stems from an expanding self-awareness and ultimately self-management. How have I handled these past hurts and what do I need to resolve them? I don’t really know the answers as I am still exploring my options. So watch this space!

I finished a book yesterday (see hiding in books is my first strategy). It is called, The White Book by Ken Mansfield. It is a book about the life of Ken Mansfield and his association with the Beatles and other rock/country legends. Toward the end of the book he wrote about John Lennon and how Ken maintains that John laid out his imperfections for the world to see. He was courageous and forthright about his human-ness. Lennon was brutally honest about himself and his life choices (I admire that about him (yes present tense – as he still impacts on the collective consciousness).

I am not sure if I am that brave – by in my wounded healing phase I will do my best.

I believe the wounded beast walks within all of us. Sometimes we layer it with escapism e.g. food, alcohol, shopping – denial in drag, basically. Well, it is a drag if it goes on for too long. Either that or you put on a lot of weight and eventually do don’t know who you are anymore. Soul destroying – isn’t it?

Look, I am not saying I know the answers because I don’t. What I am saying is that I, too am a work in progress.

With Saturn sitting so close to my identity I can’t escape the reality of each situation. It’s like the Emperors new clothes. I’m vulnerable and raw but it doesn’t matter because I must keep up appearances, anyway. Life can be so complex can’t it?

My first and most compelling thought is to run away. Holidays are close – let’s escape to the beach? But then, I think no, let’s get it over with – lets dive into the abscess – drain the poison and begin the healing process. So here I am ready to heal.


It’s a number nice day – conclusion/resolution (would be nice if the healing journey was over – not just beginning – again). Perhaps it is just the end of the spiral of discontent?

Hierophant is the wounded healer the wise counsel. He offers wisdom borne out of pain. His legend is representative of the wounded beast – stoic and resolute – painful and strong.

Apollo offers the healing poultice. It’s time to apply the potion that will heal your pain completely, this time.

Today is an easy day for me. There is not a great deal of obligation and the “to do” list is manageable. It is an appropriate time to time for me to thing about my healing odyssey (perhaps the naughty girls room for a while?).

I have begun my journal today with a healing affirmation. I’ve asked for forgiveness of myself and others. I am also choosing a healing card each day from Carolyn Myss to support this journey. Maybe you will identify with the messages and integrate these thoughts and words into your quest? And in time you may choose to join me in the alchemy back to you!

The Divine dwells within you, and desire that you heal. Are you fully aware of the Presence? Call upon the power of the Divine to awaken its healing force within you. Be grateful for this miracle.

Enjoy the miracle of the day and sprinkle a little joy into your day – smile – it’s the only way!

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment