Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy birthday to Hillary and me!



“Every substance that has ever disturbed the cells of my mind and body is today released and consumed. I am not free from disharmony forever.”

Do you know what I’d like for my birthday today? I would love to get a singing phone call from the Beatles. Yes, and of course the song I would love to hear is, you guessed it, Birthday! What do you think my chances are, perhaps next year? I guess it is almost impossible for all the Beatles to sing for me – but improbable. I know I am being silly, however it is my birthday and the day for ask for miracles and the moon and the stars - whatever I want!

Today I share my birthday with Hillary Clinton. I wonder if I should give her a call. What a great idea? The first person to sing happy birthday before dawn! Do you think she would be impressed – naa me neither! Anyway, I hope it is a great day for the Secretary of State. Check out her Goddess report at: http://www.jestacom.biz/ezines/downloads/GODDESS%20Report%20Sample%20-%20Hillary%20Clinton.pdf

I know you are probably thinking that this is childish all of this birthday chatter but the way I look at it is – this is my special day of the year and I will celebrate it how I choose. Well, since I’m off to work this morning its not exactly how I choose but at least I have a job and one that supports the lavish existence I’ve created.

Yesterday I celebrated my pre-birthday with Frederick McCubbin. Roger and I went to the National Gallery had a coffee in the Member’s Lounge (if you please), and the strolled around the exhibition. We were amazed at how prolific this Australian artist was. His use of colour brought his paintings to light – so much so you could even smell the eucalypts in the Australian bush. The movement of the sky and ocean glistened with magic. We were in awe of his talent.

After a snake we wanted around the sculpture garden. The garden portrayed innovative displays and statues. There were many astonishing ensembles to see and the stroll around the lake was mystical.

We left the Gallery and went to the Hyatt for high tea (see told you I was spoilt). We met friends there and celebrated my birthday with an indulgent and hedonistic foray into sumptuous savouries, champagne and followed closely by delectable desserts. And before you ask, yes I broke my diet – but isn’t that what birthdays are for? I’m not sure how long the celebration will last but I am going with it for now!

Judgement is the first card for my birthday spread this morning. This Saturn-ruled card heralds a phase of relinquishing the layers that block my progress. So be it!

Justice is dominant as the centre card. The aloof glare of Athena beckons me to her throne reminding me of the promises I made to myself some years ago.

Temperance is my shinning star. She floats above the sea of discontent holding two cups in her hands balancing the liquid from one cup to the other. All things in perfect harmony Child, she whispers. It’s a new day, a new solar year and a new era – look to the future and forget about the past. Your internal light will guide you from today.

It’s an 11/2 day – ironically it is an 11/2 year for me. I’m down to the final two months of this lunar ruled year and next year is a number three – Jupiter ruled year. The great benefactor’s entrance into my year augurs growth, expansion and good fortune. For now however, I am focused in the moment savouring every second of my birthday – “they say it’s your birthday – you’re gonna have a good time!”

My gift to myself is to break free from present karmic conditioning. To be successful in my chosen career or work endeavour, I must release any present karmic conditioning that declares, “I can’t do this.” I can!

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashtin-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment