Sunday, January 24, 2010

Faith


Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to… Mark Twain

Renowned as a novelist, journalist and humorist, Mark Twain is not only one of the most widely read and admired American writers he is also among the most quoted. I have decided to open my journal each morning with one of his quotes as a way to start our morning conversations.

I have also decided that I will close our e-conversations with one of my poems. I hope you like the new format.

Today we are in the Master 11/2 number – it is a day to follow your star. The jewell is silver and the colours are grey, white, black or pearl grey. It is a day to inspire others. Be a light in the world!

My major card reading took an interesting trek from new beginnings to abrupt endings. The first card was the Empress – Gaia – earth mother – giving birth to a new phase; the next, High Priestess – engaging my intuition to lead me out of the darkness. Then, the Tower appeared – lightning strikes and values and beliefs are challenged by the bolts out of the blue – step aside if you don’t want to be perpetrated. And finally, the Chariot – galloping down the road in two directions while holding tightly to the reigns – I am in control of the future direction but there is a choice.

The Moon is void of course today – which means that new ventures started today won’t go anywhere – we must be patient if we want movement or change. Although, I advocate that this a good time to plot or plan your next move – do your research and be ready for the shift in the cosmos then implement with passion.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. We started out with the intention of seeing the Parisian exhibition http://nga.gov.au/Exhibition/MASTERPIECESfromPARIS/ but changed direction. At breakfast I casually mentioned that we should be prepared for large crowds at the Gallery and have an alternative choice ready. Roger said okay and we will fly by the seat of our pants. And we did!

We changed our plans and went to the Portrait Gallery http://www.portrait.gov.au/ and were overwhelmed with the magic and creativity of the artistic splendour. The portraits, sketches, busts and statues were phenomenal – it was a magical experience. Better still, it was not crowded so we were able to browse and absorb and read the synopsis of all of the individual displays. Many Australians featured in an array of art forms were exquisitely crafted and set in a clean and minimalistic gallery setting. I was delighted with our choice.

After that gallery we decided to go to the National Library and see the Ballets Russes in Australia Exhibition. Apparently the Ballets Russes were one of the most important theatre companies of the twentieth century because of the way dancers, choreographers, artists and composers all worked together to create an exciting new kind of ballet. The company was a huge sensation around the world. Our weekend away was rejuvenating and I feel fulfilled with the exhibitions and the creative sojourn.

Today I am having a body wrap and meeting a friend for lunch. Life is wonderful and I am enjoying my mini holiday.

Even though we took a slightly different turn I was not disappointed. We will visit the Parisian exhibition but a time when it is a little more tranquil.

Today our card is Faith. Have faith. Faith grows when you act without knowing the end result.

Now I would like to share some of poetry from a collection I created some years ago called, Merry Meet. I will include one poem each day (and I won’t nominate for how long – we will just trek together).

Prologue: Out along the rim of our reality lurks our imagination. If we never venture to this rim we do not embrace the essential part of ourselves. Dancing across the boards of reality and touching the rim allows us to see the perfect balance between what is and why not! Julia Ashton-Sayers

Live your truth! Live in the moment and enjoy the rim!

Snake bites, Marshmallows and French Toast

Life was so breezy
Jaunts of fun and discoveries a new
Supping at life and being with you
So cozy, so warm and easy

Coming home to a crackling fire
Full of fun and desire
Sharing one and all
To touch to tremble one and all
Beneath your fingertips I would fall.

To taste your lips
To sip, to sigh
I love you with my heart on high
I give to you my love and trust
I swim and float in your passion and lust.

Never before nor again
Will I, could I love so deeply
To share myself unrequited and sublime
For you, my love and only this time

I smile at you across the table
What did I do to deserve you?
So willing and so able
To give to me without hesitation
A love so incredible and full of inspiration

We share a meal
So unreal
Food to taste
Without any haste
To drink at your fountain
I would climb any mountain
To swim in your eyes so penetrating
I have given of myself without hesitating.


To toast a marshmallow
To gaze into the fire
Your love for me takes me higher
The sweetness of your body next to me
As it stiffens in ecstasy
Your breathe deepening
Your pain exquisite
Our energy combined
On this passionate moment
Tantalizing, succulent and so frightening
I tense and freeze a bolt of lightning.
On this night I vow this to be true
I have come to the well and given my soul to you!

February 9 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment