Monday, January 25, 2010

Priorities


Man is the reasoning animal. Such is the claim. I think it is open to dispute. Mark Twain

The Moon is in Gemini. The ruler of this airy sign is the planet Mercury. Gemini is renowned for its communicative abilities. It’s home base is the third house which represents intellectual pursuits, short journeys, siblings, logic and cleverness.

It’s a number three day; party time which bodes well for Australia Day celebrations. It is a day to have fun, enjoy yourself and share your joy with others. Say: My life is a party to be enjoyed by everyone – yes that includes you!

For me, I am focused on y priorities. Sure it is fun day of celebration but I am also looking at what comes after the party.

I have begun a new book for journal and pasted in the prompts to get me back on track, such as my weighing in schedule and other such stimulus.

I got on the scales this morning and have accepted the result of all of my past celebrations over the past couple of months. Now it is time to get serious about reconnecting to my commitment for a healthy lifestyle.

Yesterday I went for my three monthly check-up with the nursing sister at my local doctor’s surgery. She is a lovely, honest and funny woman who is a great confidant and genuinely nice person. I am not sure if I’ve shared this with you before but I was diagnosed with diabetes some years ago and I must be careful with my food and lifestyle choices. Fortunately I’ve got the insulin statistics under control but still I am at the mercy of what I put in my body.

Diabetes is a very serious impediment. Unfortunately it is quite common in my family and so this inherited disease is one that I don’t ignore – well not for too long anyway. I have to watch my food and drink intake, I also must be mindful of my stressors and my tiredness. It is all about lifestyle balance which I am committed to.

Over the past couple of years I have lost a lot of weight and therefore reduced the risk however yesterday I faced a reality check and have chosen to get back to the serious business of watching and monitoring my health habits. It’s been a nice escape though – but it is over. I am not discouraged by the road ahead – instead I feel inspired to achieve the goals I set out two years ago.

When we get our priorities straight – when you know what is important, saying no gets much easier.

Love, Peace and Happiness,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

Now for some Julia poetry:

My Knight in Shining Underwear

At the kitchen bench he stands
Spatula in hand
Dancing around to music of a different beat
Oh! I wish he would take those eggs off the heat
Gyrating, moving without a care
He’s sweet and so unique in his underwear.

To cook for me it is a treat
To hold me close and listen to his heart beat
He is a man of honor
So brave and true
To light the grill and cook for you.

Each day he rises before the others
To come to here and make a meal
With passion, love and so much zeal
Our Knight, what a prize!
To jostle and to laugh
Making breakfast such a performance
Grab a hold and do a dance.

A serious man, hardworking and true
He loves to love and feel brand new
He gives so much without a care
Laughing out loud in his underwear
Barefoot, wriggling across the carpet
Another masterpiece to delight
To give thanks would not be appropriate
For he loves to give, don’t you know?

He is bold, alive and so loving
The feast, aromatic coming from the oven
To watch his performance on this bright morning
Is to be exposed to devotion dawning.

My heart is filled with emotion
I love this man with such devotion
I have found my Knight
He is here beside me always
Among the dishes and along the hallway

I smile and think how it would be
To watch him smile and dance for me
For fifty years would be a dream
To spend a life with him, what a scream!
Laughing, loving and touching would be divine
My Knight without a care in his shinning underwear!

February 9, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment