Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Diana Gabaldon – the adventure continues


This business attracts the best staff, customers/clients/patients, and products. This business gives the best service, and is a great success for everyone involved.

Last night I attended a book launch and literary evening with Diana Gabaldon. This creative woman is a beacon of inspiration for me. She was generous and effervescent, kind and thought. Her presence was luminous. She is an exquisite and diminutive woman. She patiently signed hundreds of books and had numerous photographs taken with her readers.

Her writing is skilful as she cleverly entwines her enchanting characters through fantasy and romance. To be honest I am not a huge fan of the fantasy genre but Ms. Gabaldon has me captivated. I think it is the realism of the plots that captures my imagination and devotion.

The story of Claire and Jamie continue with her new novel, “An Echo in the Bone”. I felt so honoured to be in the same room soaking up her magnificent aura. I can’t wait to start my book. Thank you Diana!

It’s a number five day – change is on the horizon. The Moon and Uranus influence this electrical force field. It’s a day of possibilities and unstable forces swirling around our comfort zone. The waves have appeared on the pond. The wind ushers them from ripples to tsunami in minutes. The force of the wall of water has been building for some time. Don’t forget your life jacket as you step out into the world.

The tide is turning. Saturn and Pluto have been squaring up all week. Old reforms and structures are eroded. The cosmos continues grinding away at the foundations of our existence. Be careful you don’t get caught on the bridge as it crumbles.

I deplore that I wish I didn’t care. I guess that will never happen. Pushing the dingy out from the shore I’m adrift in the bay. Gaia promises a new bairn after hours of excruciating labour. The Fool offers a chalice filled with hope as I venture out from the cave today. The star has nothing to loose – she will sparkle anyway. Death creeps in and says its time to release the woes of another day.

Life can be filled with discontent especially when we are lost at sea. All we can do is to refuse to succumb to doubt and keep our hand on the tiller as we navigate the rocky outcrops of the coast.

Time heals all wounds wise men profess – bring the healing to me as I prepare for another voyage into the unknown.

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment