Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Something transcendental


I approach life with full awareness and an open heart. When I am attentive and open to life, I allow for new understanding in every moment. I attract success.

The bliss of the morning has broken with the reality of the news on the radio. It’s not that I can decipher what the news is – its just that I can hear the news reader in his monotone grating out something that I don’t particularly want to hear.

I often wonder would it would be like if we wok up to a good morning sweetheart instead of the blast of an alarm. And when we made our way out to the kitchen we were greeted by an inspirational affirmation or an uplifting serenade.

Last night I received my Wellbeing magazine and as I thumbed through I noticed on the inside page a small snippet about the benefit of a good belly laugh. Apparently the journalist had read an email in her office and broke into hysterical laughter. I thought that this is great but perplexed as to why it was news?

Immediately I became disappointed to realise that our ability and opportunity to laugh is so rare that we needed to be reminded or even the fact that it is newsworthy. It’s like guess what, I laughed today. What if we pushed the boundaries and say, have two belly laughs or even one laugh and a good solid chuckle?

All jokes aside, and why should the be – it’s a number nine day – a day of empowerment and resolution. The Moon is in her joker Gemini phase ensuring an effervescent energy. Mercury is angled up to the Sun so there could be a lot of chatter going on or the possibility of a good yarn.

My prescription for the day is to smile at your colleagues, chuckle a little – throw in a little imagination and turn the situation around and see the flip side and then let it rip – break the cycle of doom and gloom and sprinkle a little magic with laughter and joy. It’s great medicine.

I love life. I love the complexities of people – I love looking at their multi-faceted imperfections and turning them around – watching them glisten in the sunlight of realisation that life is to be lived, revered and celebrated. I love deeply, passionately and in some sense other worldly – without restriction or definition. My love for my family, friends and humanity is something transcendental.

Today I feel a deep sense of gratitude and love for everyone – love one another and if that doesn’t work for you – laugh until you drop.

Have a magical day!

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment