Sunday, November 15, 2009

Picture perfect – Brogo Polpora Cabin

The work I seek is tailor-made for me. It utilises all my gifts and experience. I flourish in this work, and enjoy the challenges of developing new skills and greater self-expression.

Have you ever stopped for a moment and looked around your world and thought, yes in this moment in time my life is picture perfect? Well, I just did.


Last night after work we travelled down to Brogo (http://www.rocklily.com.au/). It was an easy and picturesque trip of rolling mountain vistas scattered with a picture board of Australian bush. Rozella’s flashed past in their Le Mans colours of crimson and blue. We arrived around 7:30pm and unpacked and ate our dinner in record time.

Since it was the eve of Roger’s birthday we decided to reflect on the year he was leaving behind. I suggested that we encompass a list of the positive and not so positive aspects of the year in three main categories: personal, professional and relationship. Essentially what did we perceive as our highs and lows? And so we did.

At the outset I offered that we are very fortunate. Not only do we have a great partner to share our daily life with (sometimes bordering on grind) we have achieved so many goals since our move to the Territory.

Today is a new phase and one that deserves a celebration. So we toasted each other and began to recount the past year of our married life.

How can we ask for more if our lives are picture perfect? What else is there?

I’ve already considered my goals and I will share them with you tomorrow.

Now, I focus my intent – when I focus my intent I am mindful about what I bring into my life.

Strangely, the pictures of my subconscious reveal endings – chapters closing and the strength to overcome obstacles and shed the unwanted layers of yesterday.

It is a number nice day of empowerment, resolution - a perfect time to recommit. So be it!

Peace and Love,
Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment