Monday, November 9, 2009

Time

Do you know how precious time is - a moment; a second to sit alone in a familiar place and gather your thoughts or write a page of musings alone among the business of life?

Time is short.

A kitchen conversation this morning revealed the ominous Christmas period looming.

Time is short.

I walked familiar corridors toward new learning – a skill must be accomplished if I matter still. I recalled the angst and frustration that clung to the walls. I forgave myself a thousand times for not listening to the calls.

Time is short.

Time heals all wounds – people die and lovers move away. I feel lost and along and miss him everyday. He’s steely gaze and abrupt tone kept me ground in pursuit of atonement.

Time is short.

Time has passed and fear has seeped from gaping wounds and gnashing teeth. I’ve lasted this long despite their jibes – a victory in itself – I do admire.

Time is short.

I have a pass and can walk through glass – alone and brave – ready to face another day. Life has been cruel; a stern headmaster rules – I’ve succumbed and cried – tossed tantrums and hide. I’ve laughted and joked taken a philosophical approach.

Time is short.

Now I wit for time to pass and eventually arrive at last in a new domain – return home again – renewed and ready to face the time when we can connect one more time.

Time is short.

Peace and Love,
Julia Ashton-Sayers











No comments:

Post a Comment