Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dig deep


I deserve love! I deserve and abundance of everything good, including riches and money. I now accept that I am part of a bountiful universe that is constantly pouring forth its gifts. I now accept that it is my privilege and responsibility to receive these gifts with gratitude.

This number seven day suggest inner reflection. While on this internal excavation our inner dialogue comes under scrutiny. This can sometimes represent an archaeological dig. Why do I offer up such a metaphor?

Well, our inner dialogue can be formed over eons of experiences. Such as, thoughts, words or even dispersions cast from the toxic messages of others. These coded gifts embed in our psyche and we trot them out as part of our beliefs.

For example: I’ve heard myself saying in the past that I am not good at mathematics. Why is that? Well my statement was the result of a comment from a teacher who said to me before an exam, “Julia, there is no point you doing this exam as you will fail – you are not good at maths!” And I believed him!

Then one day I thought, just a second, I passed my leaving certificate in this subject; I’ve worked in banking and finance in a previous career path, I’ve conducted my personal finances successfully so perhaps he was wrong? After this realisation I changed that internal dialogue and my perfect remedy was a positive affirmation.

It’s ironic how negative messages from forty years ago can compound over time and over ride every positive or loving message we’ve heard. Once I realised that the concept of negativity has more impact on our lives than positive messages I began to search for other pilgrims.

Don Miguel Ruiz, the author and creator of The Four Agreements (http://www.miguelruiz.com/) maintains that we come into this world as beings of light and love and through the process of domestication (negative messages) we are programed to believe that we are worthless and become fractured and tormented.

Reflecting on my own internal dialogue I’ve realised how these negative taunts pop out as beliefs about me. Now I work really hard to combat those messages with positive vibrations. And that is a major impetus for me writing my blog: Julia’s Journal. This is a cathartic channel for me advocate and promote empowerment strategies – lessons learned at the school of hard knocks. After the awareness has been created we can work on each painful layer which has been formed over a millennia (slight exaggeration – only feels that long!).

So, keep in mind – my inner dialogue reflects the power I project. How I present myself to the world and move about it it is a mirror of my self talk.

What does your self talk reveal about you? Are you conveying a positive and happy being or are you grumpy and unapproachable? What do you hear yourself saying? Do you berate yourself on a daily basis? Are you into self flagellation?

Stop right now! Dig deep and find the inner wisdom and beauty you brought with you to this earth school. Dust off your books and reprogram those hard drives – it’s a new day. Start today – love yourself silly!

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment