Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A tribute


I know that everything I desire is available to me, and more! All obstacles to my good are dissolved now. I say “yes!” to the universe, and open my mind, heart and arms wide to receive the full outpouring of its riches.

The Sun and Moon mirror my natal alignments today and tomorrow. As a matter of fact another intriguing aspect is that today is a number eight day – my favourite number. So what do you think? Could it be a great in the life of Julia? Will small children bow as I pass by or people throw roses on my path as I enter the building? I think not but it is fun to fantasise isn’t it?

Actually I wake every day with great enthusiasm. Each day begins with a resounding, “yes” I am happy to be alive and vibrant. It is usually the reality of the day or the investment of another person’s perspective that blemishes my spritely start to the day. I know this may sound a little arrogant in some respects however I am very content where I am in my life and its only when another person’s reality clashes with mine that I feel pangs of disillusionment.

Anyhow, today the Sun and Moon are shinning on me and I intend to secure the perimeter of my aura with a “no trespassers” electric fence. Yes, that should work – don’t you think?

Reality checks are the vibe of the day with Neptune moving forward after his recent retro phase. I propose that this is a good thing although I am a little partial of living on Fantasy Island myself. There is no struggle about reality for me, its just I choose to dance between both worlds. This works for me – especially in my working life.

You know when you are in meetings and your colleagues transition into animal entities. Or when you are in a car and you look beyond the mountain range and visualise other worlds. I must admit that my imagination is my closest and most trusted ally – it never lets me down and I can count on it to get me through the most barren landscapes.

Yesterday I finished a book called: John Lennon – The Life by Philip Norman. As I turned the last page the sky turned red raw crimson. The clouds were on fire – a furnace burns brightly above my head and I am in awe of the spectacle of nature. Inside my office I sat depleted and sad.

This huge book about the life John Lennon travails the life of an angry young man as he grappled with his creativity and tainted perspective on life to a mature and settled loving father and husband. I cried. I am sad with the ending – even though I already knew the ending – I still cry.

His story touches my life. It is not just his music as that was the backdrop of my years of growing up in Liverpool (his sister city); it is his struggle with his demons – his honesty about his insecurity his bravery with his vulnerability that I find so compelling. Why am I sharing this with you tonight?

I guess it reminds me that in this life we worry too much about the outcomes – or the reactions of others. We swaddle ourselves in fear worried if we are successful or if someone loves us or even likes us. As each day passes I come to realise that this is the manure of life. What does it matter if others do not like us or if they resent us for whatever reason? We are here – we have our special place in the world. So be it.

I’ve become hardened to the fact that I am not a statue or a refrigerator. I am a woman who is passionate, creative and filled with emotions. I cannot be like you or you or even him – I am Julia – complex and passionate living life with a strong code of ethics and a bond with impeccable values. I try to live my life as best I can – not deliberately hurting anyone but still resisting the urge to be the “chronic people pleaser” from my childhood and youth.

While reading this book I tried to myself into John’s world as I not only wanted to see lie from his perspective but gain empathy of his life’s journey and abrupt ending. And I did. While reading this 800 page biography I gained a lot of insight about the man I admired as a young girl. Sure I was mesmerised by this love songs but it was the man of peace whom I adored. Now it is John my Spirit guide who comes to me with esoteric messages of love and peace and a motivating energy to keep pursuing my goals and dreams.

If you ask me what I admire most about John Winston Lennon I would have to declare that it was his vulnerability and the courage to admit the frailties of being human. He gave us his all and we are still drinking from the fountain of his wisdom and strength. Peace and love, John – peace and love.

My intent is clear – my desires are fulfilled.

Peace and Love,

Julia Ashton-Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment